Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Veggie Garden

Finally everything in the veggie garden is starting to produce - I love this time of year, all the work in the garden pays off with lots of delicious fresh veggies. I have already had quite a few raspberries and constant trickle of strawberries since November and I always have lettuce, but the rocket has now gone to flower as it has been too warm. Fortunately it has been raining quite a bit so I haven't had to water as often and the rain water tank has been refilled regularly.

I dug up the potatoes and had a whole sink full.... that will keep us fed for a couple of weeks!

Lots of lettuce - can't eat it fast enough, and also runner beans starting to climb the trellis

Tomatoes are just starting to turn red, and basil, and spring onions

My rhubarb is looking rather healthy and the artichokes even have a globe on them

Lots of courgette/zucchini, I've been giving it away - anyone got any good recipes?

No comments: