Sunday, August 4, 2013

Skirting boards are finished

I finally finished the skirting boards. The nails have all been punched in, filled and painted. The spare room can now be put back together. Next up is the built in wardrobe in our room. I am going to build a bunch of drawers and then hang some sliding doors as well.

Given the warm winter weather, we actually spent some time in the garden getting it ready for spring. I built some new borders for the garden and turned the soil that is there.


The madarin and lemon trees are doing okay. They lost all their leaves in big storm in June, but the fruit are all still there. Helen has had several mandarin and I think we have had a few lemons as well.



Today I went for a wee bike ride. It was warm enough to ride in short sleeves. Pretty crazy considering it is the middle of winter. It does not bode well for our ski trip next weekend.



No comments: