Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Refurbished chair and more work on the garden

Posts on the blog have been a bit sparse lately. We have both been very busy. Helen has had heaps going on at work as well as Girl Guide Jamborees and weekend tramps. I have been busy with work, biking and playing in the garden.

This chair was given to me by my woodwork instructor in a pretty rough state. I glued it back together, sanded it down and re-coated it with some Danish Oil. We managed to get the leftover fabric from our couch ages ago and had the cushions recovered with it so it matches the couch perfectly.

I have been building a block retaining wall on the north side of the house to stop the hill from crumbling into the rocks.

I also did a bit more work on the steps on the south side of the house - nearly finished!

No comments: