Bascially, I removed it and the top layer of wall to make it even straight across. I also added another layer of bricks to help bring the brick wall up to a similar height.
Another thing that has always bothered me was how the top terrace sloped down on one side. It made mowing a pain and was a little dangerous as there was a fairly significant drop down to the bottom. The green house made it a little better, but more could be done.
I had a liberated a bunch of grey blocks when I started digging out the hill for the new retaining wall so I figured out a way to reuse them and level the top terrace. There was a small attempt a retaining wall by the previous owner that I worked off of to build the new wall.
|The new wall from below|
The wall goes from being one brick high on the left (in the picture above) to four bricks high to the right. Helen was most impressed that I managed to keep it fairly level given the change in height.
|And from above|
I still have a bit of fill to add to get it a bit more level. it will never be flat, but it is heaps better than it was! The dirt is coming from where I have been digging out the hill for the retaining wall.